Picture this: you're sitting down to a big meal with your friends or family. The spread is huge- tender roasts, plenty of buttery, crusty bread, every kind of salad from pasta and potato to the garden variety, desserts, drinks, sides, it’s enough to make your head spin!
What does the image of that meal conjure up? Hunger? Excitement? Or, if you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from food sensitivities, maybe it’s fear.
Fear of the symptoms and pains that come after the food.
Does the thought of a big meal leave you in fear of headaches or migraines? Bloating and gas? Diarrhea, constipation or an IBS flare up?
Have you tried everything and nothing has helped? Have you left doctors and even specialists shaking their heads?
Is your health holding you back?
Do any of the following symptoms sound familiar:
- Hyperactivity and brain fog
- General malaise or fatigue
- Weight imbalances and cravings
- Skin problems
- Joint pain
Are you on a pharmacy’s worth of medications that are masking the symptoms but not getting to the root of the problem?
Consider this: it could be your food that is making you sick
Maybe you have suspected it but never been able to pinpoint the culprit, or tried an elimination diet or two and found no relief.
Food sensitivities could be at the root of all these problems.
Millions of people have food sensitivities which cause a variety of symptoms that range from uncomfortable to downright miserable.
Often, they don’t even know because they cannot pinpoint the food that makes them sick or have not associated symptoms like headaches with the foods they eat.
So they keep suffering, needlessly.
Food sensitivities are different than food allergies
Because they are different pathways in the body, food allergy tests will not work for detecting food sensitivities, so many times even a doctor will not be able to identify these food sensitivities.
It’s not easy to pinpoint sensitivities either, for two main reasons:
- They can be dose-dependent. If you have a little, you’ll be fine but have too much and watch out! Or, a little won’t cause a problem unless you are stressed or you ate another reactive food at the same time. It gets pretty confusing!
- They can also be time delayed, by as little as a few hours or up to a few days. If you ate something yesterday morning you may not associate that food with being sick this afternoon.
Food sensitivities cause widespread inflammation in the body, impacting not just your digestive tract but virtually every other organ as well.
Even healthy foods can cause problems
Sometimes healthy foods, like blueberries or spinach, can be trigger foods, so even though you think you are doing right by your body you could be doing damage.
If food sensitivities are at the root of health issues, you can spend years suffering, countless dollars on medication and still feel lousy.
The first step towards getting well is identifying the foods that are best for your body. And which ones to avoid.
The Mediator Release Test (or, MRT) is a blood test that tests for food sensitivities.
Food sensitivities occur when your body reacts to seemingly innocuous foods, healthy foods even, by triggering an immune response and the release of inflammatory mediators like histamine, cytokines and more which, in turn, wreak havoc on your body.
MRT measures your immune response to 150 different foods and chemicals so you will know which ones trigger the release of those nasty inflammatory markers.
How I can help
Once we know which foods trigger a reaction and which ones are the best for your body, you and I will work together to build a diet using real food to heal your body, reduce inflammation and get you well.
A diet that fits you- 100% personalized based on your preferences, your tastes and your food sensitivities.
We will use the best foods to heal your body. It really can be that simple- no supplements, no gimmicks, just real food.
On average clients experience relief from their symptoms in less than a month. And we’re talking big time results- many reduce their symptoms by half or more.
We’ll start with your lowest reactive foods first to heal the inflammation and give your digestive system a chance to heal. Before you know it, your body will be back to feeling good.
Then we will slowly expand your diet, introducing foods slowly and tracking any inflammation or symptoms that occur.
Don’t worry- you won’t be tied to only 120 foods for the rest of your life. First, we’ll settle the inflammation and get you well. Then, we’ll work to expand your diet and get you eating as normal as possible- in no time, you’ll be sitting down to dinner feeling confident and you can begin to live again.
Are you ready to get back to feeling great?
Check out the packages below to see which one fits your budget and goals:
What's Included in the Program:
- Mediator Release Test- for 170 common foods and food chemicals- that's like 170 different tests in all, all wrapped up into one! The test kit will be shipped to your home and then I will help you find a lab. Once we have the blood test set up it will take about 2 weeks for your results
- Hassle free coordination of your lab kit and blood draw- help finding and setting up a local blood draw for the MRT.
- Pre-Paid FedEx Express shipping- of your MRT test kit and sample to Oxford Biomedical Technologies ensure it arrives on time.
- MRT results and a 1 hour initial consult- Although the test results can feel overwhelming, I will walk you through it, step by step. We'll review your results and build YOUR personalized diet focusing on the best foods to heal your body. We'll also go over sources- including some sneaky ones- of "reactive foods" and chemicals.
- A Getting Started Guide- the comprehensive, 60 page book is a great resource filled with all kinds of LEAP friendly recipes, tips and info on food sensitivities.
- 4 follow-up sessions- via phone or Skype at the time that is most convenient for you to help implement the different phases of your personalized diet.
- Email support- for the duration of your program so you don't have to wait for a follow-up appointment if you have a question that needs to be answered now.
- Personalized assistance planning recipes- for meals, snacks, drinks and snacks. I've got tons of recipes, Pinterest boards and product ideas and suggestions to help get you started and keep you going.
- Tracking of symptoms- analysis of the foods your eating and problem solving to help you feel your best.